Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Summer buys and Trend forecasts

Hellowww!


This firstly, is my new TOPSHOP lipstick - £8. I tried one exactly the same by MAC, and then saw this after and took a chance. I get so many comments on the colour 'depth', as it's so striking. It's quite daring but I hope I pull it off! I use Lipcote- one of my favourite products so that it lasts. The colour stays on for hours. The only issue is it does dry out your lips as it's a darker shade.

SELFIE

My outfit here is allll New Look
And of course I'm wearing my Kors...

I'm wearing an oversized Black Boyfriend top, also New Look,
that I tied into a knot to create a cropped look.

I love working for New Look, there Spring Summer collections are really suprising me, I cannot stop buying! I recently went to Cornwall with my mum for a short break (Whilst the weather there was crazy!) Whilst we were there, we of course had a shopping day in a nearby town... I got these Faux Leather Court Stilettos below, for a bargain £5!
I also got some amazing Brogues for £5. Brogues are a big trend leading in to summer, adding a masculine element and 'formalling' up an outfit. They are so comfy too!







I love the cute and kitsch daisy prints at the moment, and fell in love with this dress, and the shape is very flattering. The puff sleeves equal out my figure a bit more and there are small cut outs at the top- another key detail for the season.

I have been on the look out for my dream shoes for a while... And I happened to pop in to Primark the other day. I don't shop there too often anymore. I use my discount in New Look too much and have had to watch my spending since there's now only 3 months left of uni! :o
Anyway- I came across these. And sometimes, it's just fate as there were only about 3 sizes, one being a 6. I couldn't leave them there it would have been unforgivable. I love the buckles and side cut out, and they are shockingly comfy!

Primark - £18.00



I have a huge shoe problem, but a girl can never have too many, right?!


I have been working on a lot of trend research for Spring Summer 2015, when I would supposedly be launching my range for my new brand that I am creating for my Final Major Project. Here's some inspirational images for the fore coming seasons, and some images from the PURE London fashion forecasting exhibition from February for A/W 14.

Here are some key forecasting notes I took from the day, including the WGSN talk:
Plaids and Gingham prints are here to stay, but will be getting a neon overhaul.
Denim skinnies may finally have had their day as boyfriend and MOM styles grow on the highstreet.
Cut outs and metalwork heighten, as well as details such as tied waists and elastications. Pleats and odd clashing textures increase. Painterly prints and Kitsch styles are on the increase, with quirky styling seen at LFW. Transparent and mesh details grow. Sports Luxe trends further, with blocking and panelling seen often, as well as Ethnic and Tribal influences. Painterly prints with Primary colour palettes influence designers as well as literal abstract patterns. Pastels return with candy stripe sickly sweet presence.
The bomber is a key piece, as well as sleeveless jackets and wearable Macs.














No comments:

Post a Comment